Insurance Tips for Doctors, Clinicians and Other Healthcare Workers

About Me

Insurance Tips for Doctors, Clinicians and Other Healthcare Workers

If you have your own healthcare practise, you may need coverage for your office space, for medical malpractice, for any cars or outreach vans that you use as part of your practise and possibly for other elements as well. If you are a medical health professional with questions about insurance, take some time to explore this blog. Hi, my name is Nancy, and through my life, I have played a lot of different roles (mum, homeowners, nurse, business owner, spouse, etc.). Through all of them, I needed different types of insurance, and because of that, I have learned a lot about insurance. Want to read about insurance? Look through these posts -- feel free to share if you like them!

Latest Posts

Why Add Glass Insurance to Your Store's Policy?
23 February 2022

If you own a retail store, then you need various t

Tips to Consider When Searching For Public Liability Insurance
15 November 2019

If you own a business, it is your responsibility t

Does your business need more insurance?
21 November 2018

If you run any type of business, you should consid

4 Risks Management Liability Insurance Protects Against
23 January 2018

It is important for business owners to acquire man

4 Commercial Insurance Policies You Need For Your Business
21 April 2017

Whether you are starting a new business or are wor

Why Add Glass Insurance to Your Store's Policy?

If you own a retail store, then you need various types of commercial insurance to protect your building and business. As well as standard coverage, such as fire and theft, you should also look at extended policies such as products that cover problems with glass in your store.

What does glass insurance typically cover and why should you include it in your store's insurance policy?

What Is Glass Insurance?

Commercial glass insurance policies typically cover both external and internal glass in your store. So, for example, you should get coverage for your store windows and doors. Policies also usually include internal items such as mirrors, counters and shelving.

This coverage doesn't simply cover glass, however. You should be able to get coverage to protect you from damage to some plastic items as well. For example, this insurance often covers external and internal plastic or perspex signs as well as glass ones. Some policies also cover damage to your storefront and its frames.

Insurance companies also offer a range of related services as part of this coverage. For example, you might get some stock coverage. If someone smashed your storefront window, and the glass damages some of your stock, then your insurer might cover these costs too.

You should also expect to get coverage for related work after damage to the glass. This usually includes the costs of having to call out contractors to board up windows or to make emergency repairs.

Some business insurers include glass coverage in their standard retail or commercial policies. However, some offer it as add-on coverage.

Why Take Out Glass Insurance?

If you run a store, then your windows, doors and internal glass items might be more prone to damage than other parts of your store. A vandal or thief might smash your door or shop window to try to gain access. A simple accident could crack or break a glass counter or shelving unit. The glass on and in your store is vulnerable.

Glass insurance coverage gives you some extra protection against accidental or criminal damage in these areas. It helps you cover the extra costs you might have here to make good and repair the damage. The sooner you can do this, the sooner you can secure your store and open up again.

Plus, if you lease your store, then your landlord might require you to have glass coverage under the terms of your leasing contract. In this case, this kind of insurance is essential.

To find out more, contact commercial property insurance providers and ask about their glass coverage.